Doug offered to take us to San Francisco for Mother's Day. He knows I always love a day trip to the coast. This time, however, the weather wasn't supposed to be that great and I just didn't feel like being stuck in traffic or surrounded by crowds. After watching the kids play at the park during his birthday picnic, Doug made a simple but profound statement. He said, "We always feel like we need to give the kids the "pop" and the "wow" but we tend to forget that all they really need is a field to play in and a stick to play with." I totally agree with this and that's why I suggested instead of San Fran, we go for a hike.
We headed out to Hidden Falls in between Auburn and Lincoln and had such a NICE time! The kids really enjoyed themselves and had much more stamina than we thought they would....well, kinda. Anna is always a little pokey. She can't help it. If we're walking to school, we need to leave really early to get her there on time. She always brings a bag of some sort along with her as well. This time she had her Leapster (in case she got bored...I told her it was nature, you can't get bored), her fingernail polish, her ring, and her camera.
Speaking of cameras, they can't help it. It's genetic.
We finally made it to the falls and they were beautiful.
The kids really had a good time.
On the way home, Anna and Lauren surprisingly ran ahead most of the way. They would just get out of our sight, turn around to make sure we were coming and then take off again.
Toward the end of the trail though, Anna sat down and said she just couldn't take anymore. Lauren said her legs were too tired to take even one more step. So, Daddy came to the rescue.
I told him I'd probably gotten the better end of the deal. I only had to carry them for 9 months whereas he would be carrying them around for the next 10 years!!
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment